10 reasons to toss your shampoo spray!
(Not Counting the Recall of 2021).
1. The production of aluminum bottles for haircare contributes to pollution due to mining and manufacturing processes. Shockingly, 93% of these bottles are not recycled.
2. The ingredient list contains over 30 components, many of which have difficult-to-pronounce names.
3. A total of 9 pieces of plastic cannot be recycled, found between the cap and spray system.
4. The can contains 20 ingredients solely used to prevent clogging.
5. Chemicals used in haircare production leads to water pollution.
6. Over 10 undisclosed chemicals are used in haircare products solely for fragrance purposes, which is legal in the US.
7. Organic food is natural, while organic chemicals are man-made and should be approached with caution.
8. The print on the can is made of unrecyclable plastic or lacquer.
9. The aerosol's gases can cause respiratory issues, headaches, hormone disruption, and organ damage (brain and liver). These issues may not show up immediately, but can cause long-term harm to the body.
10. Protecting the earth is everyone's responsibility. Are you doing your part?